Tuesday, September 2, 2008

First Day of Pre-School & Purees

So, today was the first day of pre-school for Mia and Mason. For Mia, this is her second year, but first year at this new school. For Mason, it was his first day.

Matt went in late to work so that he could go see the school and drop them off.

We got there at 8:30 on the dot. Both kids were super excited. They had their lunch bags ready (they were very excited about the lunch bags). Neither kid had any issues with us leaving. When I returned to pick them up at 12:30, they didn't want to leave. I told Mia she would come back tomorrow and she said "mom, I want to come back lots of days". When I told Mason it was time to go, he just screamed and cried. I guess this is all a good sign that they enjoy it there and feel comfortable.

This afternoon after we came home from school, both kids were exhausted. They have pretty much laid around all day. This allowed me to get some stuff done. So, I set out to make a large batch of purees. I have been cooking veggies, pureeing them, and hiding them in the kids food. :) So, today I roasted 1 large spaghetti squash and 2 butternut squash, then pureed them. I steamed 4 yellow squash and a head of califlower then pureed them. I also pureed a bag of frozen pees. Right now everything is in containers in the fridge cooling. I only have one ice cube tray (I swear we had like 6 at one time), so the freezing process takes a long time. But, as soon as I get it all frozen, I'll have a nice stockpile of pureed veggies. So far, I am most successful at sneaking them into pastas. Mainly, mack and cheese and spaghetti o's sorts of things. I'm working on figuring what else I can cram them in. :)

No comments: