Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Mason!

My baby has turned 5! I simply cannot beleive it. It seems like it was just yesterday I was sitting in the bathroom with my 4 month old (Mia) staring at that positive pregnancy test!

My pregnancy with Mason was like a dream, so easy, especially compared to his sister. The labor was even easier. 4 hours of easy labor and POP, out comes a baby in 2 pushes. He was originally supposed to be named Marco, but once he was born Matt and I changed our minds and decided on Mason Dylan. He just looked to us like a Mason.

Mason, a typical boy, has given me his fair share of heart attacks and worries. At about 9 months old he actually called 911 himself. A Modesto PD officer showed up at our door and told us we had an open line to 911 for 18 minutes! Yikes!

At ~18 months he swallowed some little toy before I could grab him. The next morning he began throwing up and ended up in the ER for x-rays to make sure he didn't have some sort of obstruction. Turns out he was fine, he just coincidentally got the stomach flu that day. A very stressful day for me!

And then at 4.5 years old, srop seizure, concussion, CT Scan, EEG, EKG, ER visit, neurologist visit, epilepsy diagnosis, YIKES! He is really keeping mommy on her toes!

But all of those things, along with the temper tantrums, poopy diapers, and messes are all worth it. Because I also have had 5 years of the best little boy kisses and hugs, from a little boy who really loves his mommy. (yes, he is a true mommy's boy!). The greatest smiles and laughs and "I love you's". Mason is a kind and wonderful boy.

Now my little boy is starting kindergarten. He is beyond excited! He's a super reader and excels at math. And when he grows up, he wants to work on computers at the Lab with daddy. Not to shabby!

Here's a picture of Mason, he was only a few days old.


And here's my big 5 year old at his birthday party:

No comments: