
6 years ago I gave birth to my first child, our daughter Mia. On the eve of her birth Matt and I did nothing but walk walk walk walk walk (in fact, I had been contracting, dilated and walking for WEEKS). We decided to have an early SPICY dinner at one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in town. While there a family came in with a newborn who we ohhed and ahhed over. I told the little baby, "please tell my baby it is time to come out!". Sure enough, a few hours later at home labor started. And after 14 hours of labor Mia Danielle was born.
Mia has been one of the most precious blessings in my life. She's amazing, smart, strong, difficult, challenging, beautiful, funny, loving and creative. She just completed kindergarten and I could not be more proud of her.
Here's Miss Mia on her 6th birthday (May 23). I told her she could wear whatever she wanted that day, and she chose this dress that her Aunt brought her from Spain.
1 comment:
So adorable!
Post a Comment