We don't have an official mud room, but we do have an awesome little hall way that connects the garage, laundry room, bath room, my office and the kitchen. It doubles as a mud room for us.
I already had command hooks and a shoe basket and rack in there, but decided we needed a better solution for the kids weekly homework and info packets. Also their flash cards and other important papers for school.
So, I re-purposed a picture that I had purchased from Ikea some 12 years ago. It was a cheap wood frame which I painted black. I just flipped the print around so it's white (I might add something more interesting there in the future. And it didn't have glass, it has some plastic thing so I left it. I super glued 2 wall file holders on it, and some clips at the top. Then I used my cricut to cup out vinyl letters with the kids names and made a holder for each. I can't wait to keep the homework folders off off my kitchen counter!!!
I already had command hooks and a shoe basket and rack in there, but decided we needed a better solution for the kids weekly homework and info packets. Also their flash cards and other important papers for school.
So, I re-purposed a picture that I had purchased from Ikea some 12 years ago. It was a cheap wood frame which I painted black. I just flipped the print around so it's white (I might add something more interesting there in the future. And it didn't have glass, it has some plastic thing so I left it. I super glued 2 wall file holders on it, and some clips at the top. Then I used my cricut to cup out vinyl letters with the kids names and made a holder for each. I can't wait to keep the homework folders off off my kitchen counter!!!
2 comments:
Pinterest has several variations of this project that I would like to try. We do not have kids, but I am always up for becoming more organized!
I got the idea from several different posts on Pinterest. And then I just modified to use what we had on hand. We've used it all week and I LOVE it. It keeps the kids school stuff in one spot and off of my kitchen island!
Post a Comment