We've had the chickens with us for a year now. We got them right around Easter last year. It has been a great experience. The kids and all their friends love them. They are super good and easy pets and they supply lots of wonderful fresh eggs. I really missed their eggs this winter when they moulted and stopped laying. Now one of them, Little Brownie, is broody. She keep wanting to sit on eggs. Now, this is usually is important with fertilized eggs, which ours are not since we do not have a rooster. Aside from that, egg production is in full swing, which we love! In fact, we have time periods where our egg supply starts to get pretty big, like now. But a few weekend omelets for the family and we'll eat most of these.
We also have radishes ready in the garden. These are the biggest radishes that we have ever grown!!!I just harvested these today, and now I need a radish salad recipe - or Matt will be eating tons!
I think their color is beautiful!
No comments:
Post a Comment